Breadsticks can be paired with a variety of appetizers like dips, sauces, soups etc. Or the breadstick itself is considered as a snack and can be eaten with butter to make it taste better. This article compiles a list of soup recipes to perfectly complement with the crisp Italian breadsticks.
Italian Sausage Soup
- Cook the sausage over medium-high heat in the Dutch oven. Stir it frequently till the pink color fades. Then drain it.
- Put in 1-inch pieces of turkey Italian sausage links, broccoli flowerets, uncooked mostaccioli pasta, water, dried basil leaves, crushed fennel seeds, pepper, undrained whole peeled tomatoes with basil, and onion soup. Break up the tomatoes. Stir the ingredients well. Heat it till it comes to boil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook the mixture to about 15 minutes. Keep stirring it occasionally, until the mostaccioli becomes tender. Have the breadsticks as an appetizer.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Heat tomato basil soup in a saucepan till it comes to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove the heat. Then, cover and simmer the soup 4 to 5 minutes till the tortellini becomes of the desired doneness. Sprinkle the individual servings with Parmesan cheese. Have the breadsticks as an appetizer.
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir it occasionally until it turns brown. Drain it.
- Put in drained and rinsed red kidney beans, condensed tomato soup, soup can water, instant minced onion, and red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Heat the mixture till it comes to boil, stir occasionally.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- In a saucepan, heat broth, salsa, and chicken to boiling. Do it over medium-heat heat. Stir it occasionally.
- In the meantime, divide the crushed chips into the serving bowls. Put the hot soup over the chips with the help of the spoon. Top the chips with avocado, cheese, and cilantro. Serve it with lime wedges.
Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- In a slow cooker place the chicken. Then, in the large bowl, add wild rice, onions, soup, broth, and carrots. Mix them well and pour it over chicken.
- Cover it and cook it over low heat for 7-8 hours.
- Stir it well in half and half. Increase the heat on the high setting. Cover it and cook for at least 10-15 minutes longer or until it becomes hot.