These donuts we are about to make are deliciously filled with jam, nutella or cream. Now that you have the recipe ready, it’s time to put on the apron and the baking excitement. Here is how to make donuts with perfection by stuffing it with jam, nutella, cream, or anything of your choice.
- 6 tbsp. or 90 ml water
- 5 oz. buttermilk or 150 ml (at room temperature)
- 1 egg, beaten (at room temperature)
- 2 oz. or 57 g butter, melted
- 16 oz. or 454 g all-purpose or bread flour
- 2 oz. or 57 g sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. or 5 g regular or quick-rise yeast
- oil for frying
- sugar for coating the doughnuts
- jam, Nutella and or real whipped cream for filling, if desired
- parchment paper, cut into about 4″ squares
- a large pot, deep fryer or wok
- a sharp doughnut
- candy/oil thermometer (optional)
- Make the doughnut dough by placing the water, buttermilk, beaten egg and melted butter in the bread machine pan.
- Then add the dry ingredients, except yeast.
- Create a small indentation in the ingredients mixed above and then add the yeast.
- Then set the bread machine on dough setting. If you are using a stand mixer, run it with a dough hook until and unless a dough is created.
- Cover it and keep it aside until it doubles in size.
- Now when the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface and give it a light knead. Divide the dough in half, keeping the half covered, so as to avoid forming a skin.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll out half the dough in about ½” thickness. Cut it with a round and a sharp doughnut cutter. You can also use a sharp cookie cutter and make the holes with a small cookie cutter.
- Now place each doughnut on the parchment paper then on a cookie sheet. Put the tray in the oven and bake it for a minute.
- Now boil some water and pour it in a jug. Place the jug in the oven with the tray of doughnuts.
- Roll the pieces of dough into small balls and place it on both the papers. Then into the over with other donuts until they are double in size.
- Now fry them at 350 degrees F. When they are cool, roll them in sugar.
- To add the filling, make the hole into the doughnut with the help of a skewer and add the filling of your choice.